UMM Institutional Repository


BUDIHARTININGSIH, ENDANG (2007) KECEMASAN LANSIA MENGHADAPI KEMATIAN. Other thesis, University of Muhammadiyah Malang.


Download (13kB) | Preview


Each man would die. No one gets exception, now or later. Through death human life in this world ended and was apart from all he belongs; family and people he love. This would result in feeling of anxiety to the person. It also happens toward advanced age, where he or she faced some changes of physical and psyches degradation and worried toward death; death of someone else and death of himself. Based on the fact, this study purposed to find out to what extern the anxiety of advance age toward death was the reason of their anxiety and patterns of anxiety reaction facing death. This research was quantitative descriptive study, using research subjects of 63 advance age from 65 to 82 years old taken by purposive technique sampling. This study conducted toward members of Karang Werda Ikhlas, Pabian village, Kota district of Sumenep. Research instrument used anxiety scale toward death in order to figure out anxiety level and open questionnaire to find out the reason of anxiety and patterns of anxiety reaction facing death. There were two kinds of data namely data from scale analyzed using T-score, where the subjects who have high level of anxiety were given open questionnaire, and data from the questionnaire that analyzed using percentage calculation. The research showed that there were 28 people (44.44%) who have high level of anxiety toward death and the rest of 35 people (55.56%) have low level. Based on the data of advance age who have high level anxiety, it showed that: (1) the reason of their anxiety referred to worry of their family condition, less of praying as result of their sins, afraid of becoming die and life after death, and afraid of long suffering ill and die alone with no one know. (2) Physical reaction confessed were headache, rapid heartbeat, trembling, and lack of eating desire, short-winded, cold sweat, and feeling of limp. Psychological reaction consisted of feeling of unhappy (worry, afraid, restless, confuse), becoming often day dreaming, difficult to sleep, difficult to concentrate, nervous and have no spirit to activate. Therefore, it resulted in some activities such as pray/ being closer to the God, keep busy, talk to someone else, sleep, go to friends / neighbors, and find entertain/recreation.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
Divisions: Faculty of Psychology > Department of Psychology
Depositing User: Zainul Afandi
Date Deposited: 07 May 2012 07:36
Last Modified: 07 May 2012 07:36

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item
UMM Official

© 2008 UMM Library. All Rights Reserved.
Jl. Raya Tlogomas No 246 Malang East Java Indonesia - Phone +62341464318 ext. 150, 151 - Fax +62341464101
E-Mail : infopus[at] - Website : - Online Catalog : - Repository :

Web Analytics

UMM Institutional Repository is powered by :
EPrints Logo