HUBUNGAN ANTARA KECERDASAN EMOSIONAL DENGAN PRODUKTIVITAS KERJA RESEPSIONIS HOTEL

Sari, Ratna Kemala (2006) HUBUNGAN ANTARA KECERDASAN EMOSIONAL DENGAN PRODUKTIVITAS KERJA RESEPSIONIS HOTEL. Other thesis, University of Muhammadiyah Malang.

[img]
Preview
Text
HUBUNGAN_ANTARA_KECERDASAN_EMOSIONALDENGAN_PRODUKTIVITAS_KERJARESEPSIONIS_HOTEL.pdf

Download (84kB) | Preview

Abstract

The main task of the reception is to welcome guests who will check in and process them with efficient, precise, fast, warm-hearted and polite, so guests get a good impression. To develop a receptionist a good performance, certainly one of them can be done by increasing and developing emotional intelligence, namely: to recognize emotions, managing emotions, motivating oneself, recognizing emotions of others, and foster relationships. By applying the skills associated with emotional intelligence, it can increase the productivity of individual work. Labor productivity is a business or individual activities by mobilizing the power and ability to effectively and efficiently to produce services that are useful for the fulfillment of human life and society and has a view of life and mental attitude of always trying to improve the quality of life where the situation today should be better than day yesterday, and quality should be better tomorrow than today. The study was a correlational study with quantitative approach which aims to determine the relationship between emotional intelligence and work productivity of the hotel receptionist. The population in this study is the reception of 6 hotels in Balikpapan, namely: Dusit Hotel, Adika Hotel Ark, Benakutai Balikpapan Hotels, Hotel Bahana Surya Hotel Gajah Mada Balikpapan and Balikpapan, amounting to 67 people. The sample used in this study of 60 people taken by using purposive sampling method. Instruments used in research is the scale of emotional intelligence and work productivity scale. The data analysis method used in this study is the correlation method of Karl Pearson Product Moment. Results obtained from this study indicate that there is a very significant positive relationship between emotional intelligence and work productivity with the hotel receptionist (r = 0.630, p = 0.000) mean the receptionist, the receptionist who has a high emotional intelligence was found also to have high labor productivity Also vice versa, while the effective contribution of emotional intelligence on work productivity by 39.7% and the remaining 60.3% contribution from other factors not examined.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
Divisions: Faculty of Psychology > Department of Psychology
Depositing User: Zainul Afandi
Date Deposited: 18 Jul 2012 08:29
Last Modified: 18 Jul 2012 08:29
URI: http://eprints.umm.ac.id/id/eprint/12413

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item