HUBUNGAN ANTARA TERPAAN PESAN KAMPANYE PADA MEDIA LUAR RUANG DENGAN PREFERENSI MASYARAKAT TENTANG KANDIDAT GUBERNUR DALAM PILKADA PUTARAN KEDUA JAWA TIMUR Studi pada Kalangan Calon Pemilih di RT.08 RW.02 Kelurahan Gadang Kecamatan Sukun Kota Malang

RAHMAWATI, LUTFIYA DWI (2009) HUBUNGAN ANTARA TERPAAN PESAN KAMPANYE PADA MEDIA LUAR RUANG DENGAN PREFERENSI MASYARAKAT TENTANG KANDIDAT GUBERNUR DALAM PILKADA PUTARAN KEDUA JAWA TIMUR Studi pada Kalangan Calon Pemilih di RT.08 RW.02 Kelurahan Gadang Kecamatan Sukun Kota Malang. Other thesis, University of Muhammadiyah Malang.

[img] Text
HUBUNGAN_ANTARA.pdf

Download (180B)

Abstract

This research is based on the phenomenon of direct elections to choose the Governor of East Java. Election was conducted in two rounds, because in the first round when it declared that the winner does not reach the minimum threshold of 30%. According to Article 107 of Law No. 12 of 2008, said if no candidate obtained a regional heads of more than 30% of the total valid votes, the election must be made the second round, followed by winning the first and second. For the vision-mission campaign, the candidates using a variety of media, one of which is outdoor media (outdoor advertising). So this study are interested in knowing exposure to messages on outdoor media campaign against the preferences of society. The theory used in this study is the effect of mass communication. Effects of mass communication consists of three effects on the audience, among others: 1. Cognitive (knowledge), in this study the individual (the public) exposed to inundation of the outdoor media campaign messages that are providing information about the picture of Elections Candidate and vision-mission. 2. Affective (emotional and feelings), here the outdoor media can lead to emotional stimuli in the audience, for example, more people liked or did not like the candidate elections. 3. Behavioral (change in behavior) In this case the community to act to select a candidate elections, which becomes a follow-up than just knowing, and then be like, and finally chose. This research was ekplanatif associative, and basic research is the survey. With a population study of 133 prospective voters, obtained a sample of 58 respondents, through proportional stratified random sampling technique, because the number of stratified and large population. While the characteristic time voters are 6 people (aged 17-20 Th), 33 young voters (aged 21-40 Th), and 19 older voters (aged 40 year or more). Data collection techniques in this study were questionnaires and documentation. Analysis of the data used are: correlation coefficient, simple linear regression and t test The results showed that there is a relationship between exposure to campaign messages on outdoor media with community preferences. This conclusion is based on test results of product moment correlation coefficient (rhitung) of 0.597 (rtabel amounted to 0.254) and interpretation guidelines are based on the correlation coefficient table is in the interval from 0.40 to 0.599 means that the category of "medium". The value of the determinant of (r2) equal to (0.356) 2 x 100% = 35.6% means that exposure to campaign messages on outdoor media contribute to public preference for 35.6% while the remaining 64.4% are influenced by variables other than exposure to messages campaign on outdoor media. Regression calculation results are known for Y = 15.235 +0.579 X, which means having a positive influence direction. In the t test is obtained t count = 5.566> t table = 2.0032 then the relations campaign message exposure in outdoor media with the public preference is significant. This means that Ho is rejected and accepted Hk.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: J Political Science > JA Political science (General)
Divisions: Faculty of Social and Political Science > Department of Communication Sience
Depositing User: Anggit Aldila
Date Deposited: 27 Jun 2012 03:29
Last Modified: 27 Jun 2012 03:29
URI: http://eprints.umm.ac.id/id/eprint/9780

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item