PENGARUH TERPAAN BERITA POLITIK JAWA POS TERHADAP PARTISIPASI POLITIK MAHASISWA(Studi pada Mahasiswa Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa FISIP UMM 2008/2009)

PRATIWI, ANANDA SUCI (2009) PENGARUH TERPAAN BERITA POLITIK JAWA POS TERHADAP PARTISIPASI POLITIK MAHASISWA(Studi pada Mahasiswa Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa FISIP UMM 2008/2009). Other thesis, University of Muhammadiyah Malang.

[img]
Preview
Text
PENGARUH_TERPAAN_BERITA_POLITIK_JAWA_POSTERHADAP_PARTISIPASI_POLITIK.pdf

Download (103kB) | Preview

Abstract

Political information represents especial from various media mass media of national in this time. And along with freedom climate which knock over almost each; every facet life of Indonesian nation, hence is not bizarre if attendance of political information become something that of waiting by reader society which day after day becoming show face as open society. Newspaper Java Post at fact pertained as nearest mass media and most reached to student circle. In UMM alone, if even also do not subscribe to Java Post newspaper, students can permeate information through newspaper patch which is provided in campus. On the other hand, Indonesia student clan which is have big share to in fighting for that openness with its efficacy uproot new order regime, representing interesting object to be perceived by his political behavior in arena life of nation. Of political information background, Java Post newspaper also do not willing to fail in political news, political goodness of home affairs and also abroad. From existence of background, where mass media give information about politics, and student alone as intellectual candidate, hence this research internal issue formula is there any influence of political news exposure at Java Post newspaper to political participation of student and how big influence of political news exposure at Java Post newspaper to political participation of student. Political News Exposure of individual frequency is watch television, film, reading newspaper or magazine and also listen radio have political theme. While political participation of student is students' activity acting as persons, such to influence decision making by government. This research represents research of explanation where research explaining relation of causal between variables pass examination of hypothesizing or research of clarification. Research type which is researcher use in this research method [is] quantitative descriptive research type. Population in this research is entire/all member of BEM FISIP UMM 2008/ 2009 amounting to 20 people. Because of amount of its population less than 100 people, hence its intake technique of him use totally [of] sampling, where researcher take the overall of population to be made by sample. Data analysis the used [is] by using simple linear regression analysis. From result of data analysis which has been conducted, researcher can conclude as follows 1. There is influence between political news exposure at Java Post newspaper to political participation of student 2. Level of contribution of Exposure political news at Java Post newspaper (X) to political participation of student (Y) equal to 3, 17%. And the rest equal to 96, 83 % influenced by other factors which do not be discussed in this research. From result of analysis above can be interpreted that political news exposure at Newspaper Java Post give small contribution in influencing political participation of student. This matter is assumed that there are other factors capable to influence political participation [of] student with contribution which possible bigger than political news exposure [at] Java Post itself newspaper.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: H Social Sciences > H Social Sciences (General)
Divisions: Faculty of Social and Political Science > Department of Communication Sience
Depositing User: Anggit Aldila
Date Deposited: 25 Jun 2012 04:34
Last Modified: 25 Jun 2012 04:34
URI: http://eprints.umm.ac.id/id/eprint/9374

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item