UMM Institutional Repository


ROZI, FATHOR (2010) MINAT ORANG TUA TERHADAP KELANJUTAN PENDIDIKAN FORMAL ANAKNYA (Studi di Desa Dungkek Kecamatan Dungkek Kabupaten Sumenep). Other thesis, University of Muhammadiyah Malang.


Download (89kB) | Preview


To create qualified human must be provided with education, both of education in the school and outside school. Education is an important aspect of human resource development because education is one of the instruments used to make free people from ignorance and backwardness and also poverty. In order to expand knowledge, education and skills need to be considered an opportunity for children residing in remote villages and come from poor families. Although the government announced programs in education, but the fact remains that still the main problem of education in Indonesia is still low percentage of students who continue their education to higher levels. Primary school graduates who continue on a junior high school about 80%, the remaining approximately 20% or 15 thousands children did not proceed to higher school or drop out of school. In Sumenep Regency (districts with dense population in Madura) there are 6865 children of primary school graduates or equivalent who are unlikely to continue formal education to junior secondary school or equivalent. In the Dungkek Village, District of Dungkek found a phenomenon that most parents decided to discontinue his formal education to junior secondary school or equivalent. It is certainly influenced by the interests of parents as parties who finance their child's school, whether to continue his formal education to junior secondary school or equivalent or not. In the final task of this lecture, the researcher conduct research in the Dungkek Village, District of Dungkek, Sumenep Regency. Types of this research is qualitative research with a descriptive approach, with the withdrawal of the sample using purposive sampling technique. Methods of data collection using observation, interviews and documentation. As for data analysis using data reduction methods, data presentation, and drawing conclusions. The purpose of this study was to determine parents' interest in continuing his formal education and identify factors that can make parents interested and not interested in formal education to continue their children to the junior level or equivalent in Dungkek Village. From the results of the study concluded: 1) Most parents in the village of Dungkek did not interested to continue the formal education of their children to junior secondary level or equivalent. From the 9 informants, more informants (6 persons) who are interested to children only at the elementary school level. The rest of informants who are interested to her son continue to the level of junior high school or equivalent. 2) The factors that make parent in the village of Dungkek not interested in continuing their formal educations are: (a) the economic factors of cost difficulties because of the work as a fisherman and farm laborers mediocre income. (b) Social factors in the form of the far distance of junior high school because in Dungkek village Dungkek there is no junior high school or equivalent. (c) Cultural factors of general practice should be more put children help their parents to work rather than go to school and the mindset of parents who think that the important their children can literacy and learning to count religion that was enough. While the factors that make parent in the village of Dungkek interested to continue their formal education, are: (a) factors of wishes, parents want their children more intelligent and proud parents. (b) Liabilities factors as parents and citizens, the obligation of parents to send their children to exceed the highest possible level of education so that parents can devote to their parents, religion, society, nation and state. (c) The future provision factor, that is, the attention of parents to equip their children with education as supporting a child's life in the future for a better life and a place in the social community environment later.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: H Social Sciences > H Social Sciences (General)
Divisions: Faculty of Social and Political Science > Department of Social Welfare (72201)
Depositing User: Rayi Tegar Pamungkas
Date Deposited: 30 Mar 2012 03:34
Last Modified: 30 Mar 2012 03:34

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item
UMM Official

© 2008 UMM Library. All Rights Reserved.
Jl. Raya Tlogomas No 246 Malang East Java Indonesia - Phone +62341464318 ext. 150, 151 - Fax +62341464101
E-Mail : infopus[at] - Website : - Online Catalog : - Repository :

Web Analytics

UMM Institutional Repository is powered by :
EPrints Logo