UMM Institutional Repository


Nugrahaningsih, Marini Rachmi Sri (2006) HUBUNGAN ANTARA RASA KESEPIAN DENGAN KECENDERUNGAN DEPRESI PADA LANSIA. Other thesis, University of Muhammadiyah Malang.


Download (118kB) | Preview


Elderly (elderly) is the closing period in a person's life span. At this time, a person more likely to adjust to many changes that happen in life such as declining physical ability, death of husband or wife, or friends age, retirement, and face the "empty cage" (empty nest), When the elderly unable to adjust to these circumstances, the elderly will feel lonely, a feeling of emptiness in social relations marked by a feeling alienated, rejected, abandoned, worthless, and felt alienated in a common life with others so that individuals feel their social relationships unsatisfactory that ultimately led to individuals experienced a decrease both physical and psychological health. Loneliness experienced by the elderly if left unchecked will lead to a protracted prolonged stress, which in akhinya will fall into a condition called the tendency of depression, a condition that refers to the mood or feeling of profound melancholy and gloomy because of the conditions that affect aspects of one's life. This research is aimed to know the relationship between feeling lonely with the tendency of depression in the elderly. The samples studied were elderly people aged from 60-80 at the United superannuated Republic of Indonesia (PWRI), which numbered 30 people. Sampling was purposive sampling. Research instrument used was a scale. Then the data were analyzed using product moment correlation test. Results The study stated there is a very significant positive relationship between a sense of loneliness with a tendency to depression in the elderly. With r = 0.534 and p = 0.002 so the hypothesis is accepted, ie if the higher sense of loneliness, the higher the tendency of depression, and conversely the lower the sense of loneliness, the tendency of depression experienced by the lower. The amount of effective contribution to the tendency of depression loneliness of 28.5% and the remaining 71.5% are influenced by other variables not studied.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
Divisions: Faculty of Psychology > Department of Psychology (73201)
Depositing User: Anggit Aldila
Date Deposited: 24 Jul 2012 03:48
Last Modified: 24 Jul 2012 03:48

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item
UMM Official

© 2008 UMM Library. All Rights Reserved.
Jl. Raya Tlogomas No 246 Malang East Java Indonesia - Phone +62341464318 ext. 150, 151 - Fax +62341464101
E-Mail : infopus[at] - Website : - Online Catalog : - Repository :

Web Analytics

UMM Institutional Repository is powered by :
EPrints Logo