UMM Institutional Repository


Setiyowati, Wiwik (2006) HUBUNGAN ANTARA KONSEP DIRI DENGAN MOTIVASI BERPRESTASI PADA KARYAWAN. Other thesis, University of Muhammadiyah Malang.


Download (89kB) | Preview


Self-concept, generally includes an overview of all aspects of individual personality based on the views, perceptions, thoughts, feelings and beliefs of individuals against itself which also gave birth to the award and acceptance of herself. One of the psychological factors that contribute to the achievement motivation is the concept of self. Achievement motivation is one of the factors that encourage individuals to perform desired activities. In the process of work, achievement needs to move and direct actions, supports the behavior and selecting individual actions oriented to success. Achievement motivation is the potential of individuals who become the main foundation of the coaching process, personality development, and the abilities he had. Most of this capability, which determines one's success. The importance of understanding and confidence in ability is one of the capital for the employees to be more able to develop the existing potential. The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between self-concept and achievement motivation in employees, the hypothesis of this research is no relationship between self-concept and achievement motivation in employees. The variables of this research is the concept of self as independent variables and achievement motivation as the dependent variable. The population of this study are all staff employees of PT. Otsuka Indonesia. Technique of taking the sample using purposive sampling. The sample is a staff employee who has status as a permanent employee of 60 people. Data obtained from the spread of the scale, the scale of self-concept and achievement motivation scale. Test the validity of the instrument using the product moment formula that correlated with the whole part, test the validity of the self-concept scale validity index 0.2074 to 0.8251 and test the validity of the scale of achievement motivation and the validity index from 0.2252 to 0.7348. Instrument reliability test using Cronbach alpha formula with rtabel 0.2070 then it can be said reliably. The data analysis using product moment correlation. Results obtained from this study indicate that there is a very significant positive relationship between self-concept and achievement motivation in employees with (r = 0.552, p = 0.000) mean to people who have high self-concept was found also to have high achievement motivation Also vice versa, while the effective contribution of self-concept on achievement motivation of 30.5% and the remaining 69.5% contribution from other factors not examined.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
Divisions: Faculty of Psychology > Department of Psychology (73201)
Depositing User: Zainul Afandi
Date Deposited: 18 Jul 2012 06:05
Last Modified: 18 Jul 2012 06:05

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item
UMM Official

© 2008 UMM Library. All Rights Reserved.
Jl. Raya Tlogomas No 246 Malang East Java Indonesia - Phone +62341464318 ext. 150, 151 - Fax +62341464101
E-Mail : infopus[at] - Website : - Online Catalog : - Repository :

Web Analytics

UMM Institutional Repository is powered by :
EPrints Logo