HUBUNGAN ANTARA PERSEPSI TERHADAP OBESITAS DAN KECEMASAN UNTUK MEMPEROLEH PACAR PADA MAHASISWA YANG MENGALAMI OBESITAS

Ferdianita, Vanny (2006) HUBUNGAN ANTARA PERSEPSI TERHADAP OBESITAS DAN KECEMASAN UNTUK MEMPEROLEH PACAR PADA MAHASISWA YANG MENGALAMI OBESITAS. Other thesis, University of Muhammadiyah Malang.

[img]
Preview
Text
HUBUNGAN_ANTARA_PERSEPSI_TERHADAP_OBESITAS_DANKECEMASAN_UNTUK_MEMPEROLEH_PACAR_PADA_MAHASISWAYANG_MENGALAMI_OBESITAS.pdf

Download (60kB) | Preview

Abstract

Individual perceptions about the ideal body shape is of its nature subjective. Therefore, every individual gives meaning to the different stimuli in the same view object. Related to this has been put forward concerning the subjective perception, obesity also can cause a person experiencing anxiety or tension is higher when facing stressful situations as compared with individuals with normal weight. Anxiety also frequently arises from the fact that there is a discrepancy between the desired reality. People with obesity will feel themselves unattractive to others and always feel anxious when interacting with others. The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between students' perceptions of obesity with anxiety to get a girlfriend. This study used non-experimental design with type explanatif which in this study the researchers wanted to prove the theories that have been there or want to test the hypothesis that there is. The subject of this research are students studying at the University of Muhammadiyah Malang, and as many as 60 people. The subjects of this study were taken by using Non Random Sampling Purposive technique. Methods of data collection is done by using (1) scale and the perception of obesity (2) anxiety scale obtain boyfriend. Test the validity of using the technique reliabelitas Product Moment and test using Alpha. Data analysis technique used is the product moment correlation test. From the analysis, the correlation coefficient r = -0.874 at P <0.010 (P = 0.000) which means there is a very significant negative relationship between perceptions of obesity with anxiety get a girlfriend then the hypothesis in this study received. And has a r2 = 0.764. The effective contribution to the perception of obesity with anxiety gain amounted to 76.4% (r2 x 100), while the rest equal to 23.6% influenced by other variables not studied. It can be concluded that there was a significant negative relationship between perceptions of obesity with anxiety get a girlfriend. This means that the more positive perceptions of obesity, the anxiety to obtain the lower boyfriend, and increasingly negative perceptions of obesity, the higher the anxiety to obtain boyfriend.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
Divisions: Faculty of Psychology > Department of Psychology
Depositing User: Rayi Tegar Pamungkas
Date Deposited: 05 Jul 2012 03:35
Last Modified: 05 Jul 2012 03:35
URI: http://eprints.umm.ac.id/id/eprint/11097

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item